At Simple Lip Balm, we believe that less is more with skincare. That’s why we’re committed to only using ingredients that directly benefit your lips. Many lip balms have a long list of ingredients, many of which, don’t need to be there.
To ensure your lip balm is made with excellence, we’re hands-on and we don’t take shortcuts to save money. Our ingredients are sourced, and lip balms are made in the United States.
Waxes, oils, and butters
We call it the heart of our lip balm. The following are the four ingredients that make up our lip balm base:
1. Beeswax (Cera Alba). Being high in vitamin A, beeswax is a natural moisturizer. It also creates a hydrating, long-lasting protective barrier, while soothing your lips.
2. Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil. A natural emollient that's high in antioxidants. Coconut oil is an effective moisturizer that promotes silky soft lips.
3. Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil. Avocado oil is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that nourish and moisturize your lips. It's a natural source of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant and can also be effective at reducing UV damage.
4. Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter. Cocoa butter is high in fatty acids, which hydrates and nourishes your lips. It's a classic way to boost your lips' skin health, prevent damage by relieving dry lips. People have been using cocoa butter to moisturize skin since 460 AD because it works.
Most of our flavors come from pure and ethically sourced essential oils. We use the following essential oils for scent:
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Sweet Orange) Peel Oil.
- Mentha Piperia (Peppermint) Oil. We use a maximum concentration of 1%, which is the limit set by The Cosmetic Ingredient Review.
- Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Fruit Oil.
Are essential oils safe on the skin?
The International Fragrance Association (IFRA) has set safety percentages for using essential oils on your skin. Although it's not required for US cosmetic manufacturers, our scented lip balms are made with essential oils at the safety percentages set by the IFRA and EU.
We use BPA-free polypropylene (PP) 0.15 oz plastic tubes, which are FDA-approved, heat-resistant, and recyclable. Although the plastic tubes work well, we're actively looking for other solutions that are more sustainable and earth-friendly.
Simple, effective, and uncompromising lip balm. We'll never use the following harmful ingredients:
- Drying alcohols.
- Chemical sunscreens.
- Mineral oil.
- Retinyl palmitate or retinol.
Our lip balms are always tested by people (our team), never on animals.
You're our number one priority, and we strive to give you the best.